You Need To Know About Insurance is a leading insurance broker based in Perth, Western Australia that offers a range of insurance policies to protect home owners, landlords, pets, and travellers. As an insurance broker, has relationships with major insurance companies in Australia and can help find the most suitable policy based on your needs.

Whether you’re looking to insure your home and contents, cover any liabilities as a landlord, protect your pet, or get coverage for domestic and international trips – has you covered. Their experienced brokers have in-depth knowledge across all major insurance products. prides itself on customer service and will work with you to understand your unique situation in order to find the right insurance cover. The brokerage handles the paperwork and negotiations, getting you the best deal. puts the customer first, aiming to take the hassle out of insurance.

Types of Insurance Insurance offers several types of insurance policies to protect you and your belongings.

Home Insurance

Home insurance provides financial protection for your physical home structure and its fixtures. It covers damages from things like fires, storms, burglary, and more. Home insurance can replace or repair your home after covered losses. Policies are customizable with options for coverage like replacement value, additional living expenses if you can’t live in your home during repairs, liability protection, and more.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers your personal possessions inside your home like furniture, clothes, electronics, and more. It protects against damages and theft. You can customize coverage for high value items like jewelry, collectibles, and electronics. Contents insurance also covers additional living expenses if you need to temporarily relocate during home repairs.

Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance is designed for investment property owners renting out their properties. It combines building cover with contents cover and liability protections tailored to landlords. Coverage includes building repairs, replacing damaged contents, loss of rental income, liability for injuries on the property, legal expenses, and more. Landlord insurance covers risks unique to rental properties.

Travel Insurance

Travel insurance provides financial protection for your trips. It typically covers emergency medical expenses, trip cancellations or interruptions, lost or delayed baggage, and more. Travel insurance gives you peace of mind for unexpected issues before or during your travels. Policies can be customized based on the length, destination, and cost of your trip.

Pet Insurance

Pet insurance helps cover the costs of veterinary care for your cats, dogs, and sometimes other pets like birds or rabbits. It assists with expenses from illness, injuries, surgeries, prescriptions, and more. This protects you from large, unexpected vet bills so you can focus on your pet’s health. Some policies include routine vet care like annual exams, vaccinations, and preventative treatments.

At, we offer customized insurance policies to meet your specific needs. Contact us today to learn more and get a free quote.

Home Insurance

Home insurance provides financial protection for your home against damages and losses. It typically includes coverage for the structure of your dwelling, personal belongings inside the home, liability, and additional living expenses.

Coverage for the Home Structure

Home insurance will repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged by events like fires, storms, floods, vandalism, or falling objects. It covers the physical structure like walls, floors, roof, plumbing, and electrical wiring. Home insurance generally pays the costs to completely restore your home to the condition it was in before the damage occurred.

Coverage for Home Contents

Your furniture, electronics, appliances, clothing and other personal possessions in your home are covered under contents insurance up to the limit you select. It protects your belongings from theft, fire, storms and other hazards. You can get coverage for high-value items like jewelry, art, or collectibles. Make an itemized list to ensure you have adequate coverage.

Liability Protection

Liability insurance is a part of standard home insurance policies. It covers injuries that happen to other people on your property. For example, if someone slips and falls in your home and files a lawsuit against you, liability coverage helps pay for their medical bills and legal expenses up to the policy limit. It also provides protection in situations like damage to a neighbor’s property caused by a tree falling from your yard.

Additional Living Expenses

If you can’t live in your home due to damage from a covered peril like fire or flooding, loss of use coverage will pay the costs of your temporary housing until repairs are completed. This includes expenses like hotel bills, restaurant meals, storage fees, and other costs above and beyond your normal living expenses. Make sure your policy limit for loss of use is sufficient to cover your needs.

Having the right home insurance ensures you can repair or rebuild your most valuable asset. Work with a knowledgeable insurance agent to create a tailored policy with adequate coverage limits. Conduct an annual review of your policy to adjust limits as the value of your home changes over time.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance protects your personal possessions inside your home against damage or theft. It covers things like furniture, clothes, jewelry, electronics, and other household items.

There are two main types of contents insurance:

  • Replacement cover – This pays the full cost to replace your possessions as new. It’s the best option for making sure you’re fully covered.

  • Indemnity cover – This pays the depreciated value of your possessions, factoring in their age and wear and tear. The payouts will be lower.

Contents insurance policies generally cover your contents against loss or damage caused by events like fires, storms, floods, burglaries, and more. Different insurers may offer slightly different coverage.

Some common categories of contents covered include:

  • Furniture – Couches, beds, tables, etc.

  • Clothing and shoes

  • Jewelry and watches

  • Electrical items – TVs, laptops, tablets, etc.

  • Kitchen appliances and equipment

  • Valuables like artwork, collectibles, or musical instruments

  • Personal possessions when outside the home temporarily

Standard contents policies have some exclusions where damage won’t be covered. For example:

  • Vehicles like cars, boats, or trailers

  • Pets

  • Plants or trees

  • Business equipment used for trade or profession

  • Damage caused by lack of general maintenance

  • Gradual wear and tear over time

It’s important to read the product disclosure statement to understand exactly what is and isn’t covered by a contents policy. Additional cover can also be purchased for high-value items like jewelry.

Landlord Insurance

Investment properties bring great rewards but also risks that need to be managed. As a landlord, you want to protect your rental property and income stream from unforeseen events. Landlord insurance can provide that protection.

Landlord insurance offers a range of coverage options for investment properties. Policies typically cover your buildings and contents from risks like fire, storm, flood, theft, vandalism and more. Some key protections include:

  • Loss of rent: Covers you for loss of rental income if the property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event. This helps replace rent until repairs are completed.

  • Malicious damage: Covers vandalism and intentional damage caused by tenants. This includes things like smashed windows, kicked in doors, holes in walls, destroyed carpets and ruined fixtures.

  • Rent default: Provides protection if tenants fail to pay the rent owed under a lease agreement. This can reimburse unpaid rent for a set period, e.g. up to 15 weeks.

  • Liability cover: Covers claims made against you by tenants for personal injury or property damage that occurs at the rental property. This includes things like injury from slips, trips and falls.

The right landlord insurance provides peace of mind and protects your investment from the costs of property damage, loss of income and liability claims. Be sure to choose appropriate coverage limits and options tailored to your rental property. Discuss your specific needs and exposures with an insurance broker to ensure you get the cover you need.

Travel Insurance

Travel insurance provides coverage while you’re away from home, whether you’re traveling within Australia or internationally. It can give you peace of mind if your trip doesn’t go as planned.

Travel insurance will typically cover expenses related to trip cancellations or delays, lost or damaged luggage, medical emergencies, and more. Policies vary, so it’s important to understand exactly what is and isn’t included.

When traveling internationally, travel insurance can be invaluable if you require medical treatment abroad. It may cover the cost of hospital visits, medications, and even medical evacuations. Domestically, travel insurance can help if you need to cut your trip short due to an emergency back home.

Standard travel insurance exclusions include pre-existing medical conditions, dangerous sports or activities, and basic preventative care. There are usually options to add additional coverage for things like winter sports, golfing, scuba diving, and more.

When choosing a travel insurance policy, consider variables like your destination, length of trip, age, and health status. The price will increase accordingly. Comparing quotes from multiple providers is wise to find the best rate.

Some credit card providers include basic travel insurance benefits if you book travel using the card. However, this coverage is usually minimal. Purchasing a comprehensive travel insurance policy for international trips or important domestic trips is recommended.

Pet Insurance

Pet insurance can provide peace of mind for pet owners by helping cover unexpected vet bills. When a beloved furry family member gets sick or injured, vet expenses can quickly add up. Pet insurance can help by reimbursing part of these costs.

There are policies that cover different things depending on your needs and budget. Basic accident-only plans cover injuries like broken bones. More comprehensive plans also cover illnesses, cancer treatments, hereditary conditions, dental diseases, and more. Some policies have add-ons for preventative wellness care like annual exams, vaccinations, and flea/tick/heartworm medication.

When comparing plans, look at aspects like deductibles, reimbursement rates, coverage limits, excluded pre-existing conditions, and network vets. Be sure to read the fine print to understand exactly what each policy covers.

Filing claims is usually straightforward – just submit the invoice from your vet. Reimbursement time can vary. Direct payment to the vet may also be available. Keep records of all bills and care for your pet.

Having pet insurance can reduce the difficult financial decisions of paying for life-saving care. While no one wants to think about their pet getting sick or hurt, pet insurance gives reassurance if the unfortunate does happen. Protect your furry family member by looking into pet insurance today.


One way to save money on insurance is to take advantage of available discounts. Here are some of the common discounts offered:

Bundling policies

Many insurance companies offer a bundling discount if you have multiple policies with them, such as home and auto insurance. Getting all your policies through the same company essentially gives you a bulk discount for being a loyal customer. Bundling home and auto insurance can result in 10% or more off your total premiums.

Loyalty discounts

The longer you are continuously insured with a company, the more you may save. Insurance providers reward long-term customers. Make sure to ask about any loyalty discounts your insurer offers.

Low claims discounts

If you maintain a clean claims history without frequent claims, you may qualify for a low claims or no claims discount. Most insurers provide discounts for customers who don’t file claims often. This incentivizes safe driving and maintaining your home. Having few to no claims on your record can earn you 5-15% off your premium.

Taking the time to ask about available discounts can add up to significant savings every year on your insurance costs. Be sure to discuss any discount options with your insurance agent or provider.

Making a Claim

Making an insurance claim doesn’t have to be a stressful or difficult process. At Openhouse Perth Insurance, we aim to make the claims process as smooth and straightforward as possible.

Response Times

Once you’ve notified us of your claim, our claims team will contact you promptly to acknowledge receipt and explain the next steps. We understand this can be an anxious time, so we aim to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours on business days. Complex claims may take a little longer to fully assess.

Throughout the process, we will keep you regularly updated on the status of your claim. You can also contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns.


We will assign you a dedicated claims handler who will be your single point of contact. They will walk you through the claims process, request any necessary information from you, liaise with assessors and tradespeople, and keep you informed every step of the way.

You can contact your claims handler easily via phone, email or through our online claims portal. We work hard to maintain clear communication throughout the claims process so you always know what is happening with your claim.

Our friendly claims staff will take the time to explain policies and procedures to you in simple terms. We know insurance language can be confusing, so we aim to make things as clear as possible.

At Openhouse Perth Insurance, we strive to make the claims process smooth and hassle-free. Our dedicated claims team is here to help you every step of the way.

Contact Information

There are several ways to get in touch with our team of insurance experts:

Office Locations

We have offices located across Perth to provide local support:

  • Perth CBD Office
    123 Hay Street
    Perth WA 6000

  • Fremantle Office
    1/20 George Street
    Fremantle WA 6160

  • Joondalup Office
    Unit 3, 420 Joondalup Drive
    Joondalup WA 6027


Call us at 08 9203 4244. Our team is available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.


Send us a message anytime at We aim to respond within 24 business hours.


Use the contact form on our website One of our team members will get back to you promptly.

Reach out by whichever means is most convenient for you. We look forward to helping with your insurance needs!

Leave a comment